Today we got a little competition up our sleeves with my foundations. If you’ve been reading my blog and watching my youtube videos you’ll know that my utmost favourite foundation is L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation. I have written a review on this bad boy last year and I’ve gotten a new one plus the Maybelline Fit me foundation. In the foundations I got L’oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte 109 Classic Tan and Maybelline New York Fit me 330 Toffe Caramel.
L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
On L’oreal USA it states you can achieve a matte finish that won’t fall flat with this air-light, longwearing liquid formula. Lightweight and creamy, foundation goes on smooth with a demi-matte finish that lasts up to 24 hours—hiding imperfections for a smooth, clear complexion. To apply, use fingers or your favorite makeup brush.
Maybelline it states Fit Me® Matte + Poreless Foundation
On Maybelline it states Fit Me® Matte + Poreless Foundation face makeup. This lightweight foundation mattifies and refines pores and leaves a natural, seamless finish. Ideal for normal to oily skin, our exclusive matte foundation formula features micro-powders to control shine and blur pores. Pore minimizing foundation. Dermatologist tested. Allergy tested. Non-comedogenic. Apply foundation onto skin and blend with fingertips or an applicator.
Must read:L’oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation
I know they are two different brands and formulas but they are made to give the same results if you read my maybelline and L’oreal post before this you’ll get my back story on both seperately. They are both drugstore foundations pretty much the best brands in the market for its super matte foundation on the drugstore side.
My L’oreal is way better than the Maybelline why? because I never had to mix it with nothing and i didnt need to change my makeup routine a bit to get it into place, it worked perfectly fine on its own. For the maybelline I had to use my concealers to give it base and to change the colour up a bit due to few shades darker. I have Oily skin my T-zone area dont play I sweat alot.
Suggested: Makeup Starter kit For Beginners
Now that they are completely empty and I’ve tried different ways in applying them lets compare.
- –Loreal stays on for 6 hours max without me needing to touch up
- Maybelline stay on for 2 hours max without me needing to touch up
- –Loreal applies better with my Sancan brushes
- Maybelline applie better with my MAC 190 brush
- Loreal only needs one coat with medium dots on face to give full coverage
- Maybelline needs two coats with medium dots on face to give full coverage
- With Loreal I dont need setting powder it has matte finish
- With Maybelline I need setting powder to achieve full matte finish (I use City Colour Banana Powder)
- Both gives smooth finish but nose pores are often visible
- Both has good texture when applying
- Both affordable L’oreal $13 on website Maybelline is $8 on website
Related: 4 Best Ways to Remove Makeup
What is your Favourite Foundation?