Its Fall heading into winter is cold out and we’re all about to start to have ugly ashy dry skin lol. I know that happens to me when it gets cold. The parched air during the winter months can take a toll on skin, leaving it dry and itchy.
I liked to offer these suggestions to help ward off dry skin during winter:
- Run a humidifier that’s set to about 60 percent.
- Bathe only once daily for up to 10 minutes, using lukewarm (not hot) water.
- Use moisturizing cleanser over plain soap.
- Allow shave gel or cream to soak into your skin before you begin shaving.
- Don’t use a washcloth, sponge or scrub brush on your skin.
- Apply moisturizer immediately after bathing or washing hands.
- If you have an itch, don’t scratch. Instead, apply a cold compress or moisturizer.