As I go through my old posts I realize I only did a night time routine post couple of years back. I might update it if you dolls want me to because I made a lot of changes to my routines over the months. To be fair I’ve tried over 30 different skincare brands products since that post.
Before we get into anything do you have a skincare routine? If yes drop deets because I want to know what works for you!
If you don’t got a skincare routine that’s completely okay not everyone needs to put a bunch of products on their faces to keep it young and healthy.
BUT, if you wear makeup on a daily basis baby girl you need a skincare routine because all your doing is damaging your skin to look 5 years older. And none of us wants that so get it together and be in the know. Water alone can not help your skin if you wear makeup everyday.
Go down memory lane on skincare
I remember in high school when all I used was water, no products was involved then I went to college makeup became apart of my mornings. I had to start using something on my face I was fancy like I am now with so much products to choose from, I just didn’t have it. So I used a blue soap called cake soap ha! those were the days.
Now moving on to working class years full blown makeup daily. A routine had to come into play and plus brands was reaching out for me to try their new lines and why would i say no? For the most part I should have said no because trying so many random companies messed my face up completely acne became my friend and never wanted to leave but now I minimize trying skincare products.
Now what I do in the mornings as I enter the bathroom.. definitely pee but we aint gon talk about that its time to get into the routine. Back story on my skin; I have Oily skin and I breakout easily let’s say I have sensitive skin.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links (meaning I will get a small commission if you buy through my link). You won’t pay any more if you use this link. And I only promote products I truly believe in!
My Morning Skincare Routine
I always wash my face with water first I have to do that because water open your pores. I always use two types of products to clean my pores and they go as follows:
1. I use FACE SCRUB
I love face scrubs this is the best way of making my face feel clean and all the dirt is lifted from my pores. We all know face scrubs has it ways of leaving your skin feeling fresh and soft after using a brush to help go deeper in to skin. I love to exfoliate everyday or 5 times out of the week. I know that’s not good for the skin overall but it works wonders for me.[shop_slider full=”no”][shop_heading][/shop_heading] [/shop_slider]
Some of the face scrubs I use are:
- Palmer’s Coconut Oil, Sugar Facial Scrub – I received this from Influenceher collective spring kit and from ever since I’ve been attached. The formula and scent is beyond amazing it works well with my skin. I have no complains, It’s an holy grail product I love it.
- Mario Badescu Botanical Exfoliating Scrub – This is the scrub I’m using right now at this moment. I love it mainly because it’s playing the parts of my palmer’s scrub. One thing im not a fan of it doesn’t lather not one bit it stays transparent just as it comes out of it tube. Plus it got a medical scent nothing fruity about it but it works with my skin and that’s what matters the most.
I use FACE CLEANSE
I only use face cleanse when my scrubs are out or I receive a brand’s acne kit or face collection line to try out. Cleanse don’t give off much “my pores are clean” feeling, I mostly get okay my face is clean lets move on. However, don’t get me wrong I have couple face cleanse that lathers when I use my face brushes to give off a baby butt feeling to my face.
Some cleanse I use every single day if my scrubs are out
- MDacne Customized Hydrating Cleanser – I love this stuff! I received MDacne products through heartbeat.co its a subscription plan with a online dermatologist to help you better your skin. My skin went to shxt in 2018 spring I don’t know what happen but I used this product for 30 days and skin started to clear tf up. Anyone that ever asked me how to get rid of acne I recommend them. I honestly wish they start paying me for all this free advertisement :/
- Pixi Glow Tonic Cleansing Gel – For the first few days of using this product I was not having it. I experienced no wow feeling it reminded me of clean and clear products. After the 4th day of using just my fingers I got the best feeling ever my pores started to feel free my skin started to feel softer.
After using a product to cleanse my face I always moisturize that’s the biggest part of my morning skincare routine. Never forget nourish your pores after cleaning.
Even though since recently I’ve implemented new steps in my healthy skin routine. I am now toning and using serums thanks to Pixi beauty!
2. The TONER I use
- Pixi Glow tonic – Let me tell you for my skin this the best thing made since slice bread ha! no joke.. The formula is amazing I had to make a post about the collection because it came through with everything it says on the bottle.
3. Then I use Serum
We all know how to apply the products to our skin not only massaging the product it to the face please remember to add it to your neck. I use a serum because it helps to hydrates and balance out the skin with the toner.
- The serum I’m using at the moment is the Pixi Glow tonic serum. I’ve tried others but they don’t match up to pixi but if you have one you want me to try let me know!
After the toner and applying serum you know your girl have to moisturize. However before I moisturize I always use my acne products because I tend to break out a lot. You know you have to use the acne products before moisturizing, at least some allows you to mix the products. But lets pretend I don’t have bad acne right now just few acne scars here and there.
4. MOISTURIZER I use
- Palmer’s Coconut water facial moisture – As you know I’m a huge fan of palmers I love all their products hopefully they’ll sponsor me one day too. This product is amazing! When I plan to use it I always eliminate toning and applying serum I don’t like to mix it with other products. It works best on its own for me with that amazing coconut scent.
- Pixi pHenomenal moisture Gel – At first I wasn’t a fan of this it because I use to use a lot and it would irritate my skin a little. After using just a Pea size I accepted the feeling. I use this right after toning and applying serum because it helps to stabilize and balance my skin pH. I recommend this product!
- DERMA E Skin Brightening Cream – I use this product before I even got my hands on palmer’s product and a bunch of others. I may do a round off post of all the moisturizers I use in the past. However this is an OG its amazing on the skin and it even lightens your skin if you think you are getting a bit dark.
Some mornings you can ditch moisturizes and use Sunscreen. I am not a fan of sunscreens because they have your girl looking real oily on a good morning. Mist are nice to use as well I have two from the Mario badescu line there are amazing products. I practically use them as setting spray too the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Rosewater & Facial Spray with Green Tea Duo
Share with me your skincare routine below I want to know If you tried any of these 🙂